THE PUBLIC HEALTH EMERGENCY ENDS ON MAY 11th, 2023
SO, WHAT NOW?
Per Kaiser Family Foundation, “After May 11, 2023, people with traditional Medicare will no longer receive free, at-home tests.” Read more about the end of the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency: Details on Health Coverage and Access at Kaiser Family Foundation.
Per Medicare.gov email received on 5/5/2023:
- Medicare will continue to cover COVID-19 vaccines at no cost.
- You’ll be able to get COVID-19 PCR and antigen tests with no out-of-pocket costs when ordered by a doctor.
- Expanded telehealth services will continue through December 31, 2024
Find the latest COVID-19-related information at USA.Gov COVID-19 Resources.
GET 4 FREE AT-HOME COVID-19 TESTS VIA MAIL BY SIGNING UP NOW ONLINE FOR FREE at COVID.gov. SHIPPING IS FREE!
Help with ordering free at-home COVID-19 tests
Older adults and people with disabilities who need support with ordering the free at-home tests can contact the Eldercare Locator (800-677-1116) or the Disability Information and Access Line (DIAL, 888-677-1199). Staff is available to assist you from 8 AM to 9 PM ET Monday through Friday. They can help you learn more about testing options, including by connecting you to accessible instructions and helping with test administration.”
ADDITIONAL COVID-19 RESOURCES
FREE N95 MASKS
According to GoodRx Health (Where can you get your free N95 mask?), “you can pick up your free masks at many of the same grocery store and pharmacy chains that provide free COVID-19 vaccines. The U.S. government is using the same network of 21 partners — called the Federal Retail Pharmacy Program (FRPP) — to distribute masks to the public. It’s also sending masks to some community health centers.”
- Place Your Order for Free At-Home COVID-19 Tests (currently available in limited supply! Ships free starting 12/19/22)
- Get free at-home COVID-19 tests
- Tests for people who are blind or have low vision | ACL Administration for Community Living
- Medicare Covers Over-the-Counter COVID-19 Tests | CMS
- Free COVID-19 At-Home Test Kits For Medicare Recipients (medicareprecision.com)
- How to get your At-Home Over-The-Counter COVID-19 Test for Free | CMS
- COVID-19 Over-the-Counter (OTC) tests
TRANSPORTATION ACCESS TO COVID-19 VACCINE APPOINTMENTS
- Let Medicaid Give You a Ride (cms.gov)
- Ride United-Our Impact | United Way Worldwide
- Whitehouse (gogograndparent.com)
- Helping people get rides to vaccine appointments – Lyft | Vaccine Access
- VA Travel Pay Reimbursement | Veterans Affairs
EMERGENCY RENTAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS
Emergency Rental Assistance Program | U.S. Department of the Treasury
HUD also provides COVID-19 Resources for Home Owners.
FUNERAL EXPENSE REIMBURSEMENT PROGRAM
Details on FEMA’s COVID-19 Funeral Expense Reimbursement Program
REVIEW OF FEDERAL ECONOMIC IMPACT PAYMENTS
- Residents Of These 19 States Are Getting Stimulus Checks in 2022 – Forbes Advisor
- Economic Impact Payments | Internal Revenue Service (irs.gov)
- Economic Impact Payments | U.S. Department of the Treasury
Pandemic-Related Disaster Assistance for SSI Recipients by the National Center on Law & Elder Rights (NCLER)
- Nursing Home Residents, Medicaid, and Stimulus Checks: What You Need to Know
- Medicaid Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) and Stimulus Checks: What You Need to Know
- Stimulus Payments and Representative Payees: What You Need to Know
- Important Change for SSI Recipients and Applicants
FREE TAX PREPARATION RESOURCES
- Free Tax Preparation Programs
- Guide to filing your taxes in 2023 | Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (consumerfinance.gov)
Resources for the immigrant community during COVID-19 – United We Dream
Keep up to date with the latest COVID-19 resources at COVID-19 Resources – Goekler Consulting (lowincomesurvivorstothrivers.com).
In health, wellness, and equity,