Find a Lawyer and Affordable Legal Aid at USA.gov.
- The American Bar Association offers public-service oriented lawyer referral programs that provide a referral to a lawyer or a community organization. Find a public-service lawyer referral program. Search Bar Directories and Lawyer Finders by State.
- For Civil Legal Aid: Help locator by Legal Services Corporation
- Free and Low-Cost legal Options at LawHelp.org
PRO BONO LEGAL RESOURCES
Pro bono programs match low-income people with volunteer lawyers who provide free legal support. Pro Bono programs may be located through the American Bar Association’s Pro Bono directory map or through LawHelp.org
OLDER ADULT LEGAL RESOURCES
- Visit the Eldercare Locator
- Contact 211
- Find your local Area Agency on Aging
- 7 Sources of Free Legal Services for Seniors by Daily Caring
- Find your state’s Senior Legal Hotline Directory at Pro Seniors
National Senior Citizens Law Center (nsclcarchives.org): “The National Senior Citizens Law Center is a non-profit organization whose principal mission is to protect the rights of low-income older adults. Through advocacy, litigation, and the education and counseling of local advocates, we seek to ensure the health and economic security of those with limited income and resources, and to preserve their access to the courts.”
- NCLER – About Elder Justice Toolkit (acl.gov)
- National Center on Law and Elder Rights (NCLER) (acl.gov)
- National Indigenous Elder Justice Initiative (nieji.org)
DISABILITY LEGAL RESOURCES
The National Disability Rights Network (NDRN) is a nonprofit organization provides legally-based advocacy services to people with disabilities in the United States. Find a Protection and Advocacy (P&A) Systems and Client Assistance Programs (CAPs) in your state or U.S. territory.
- Immigration Advocates Networks national directory of free or low-cost nonprofit immigration legal services providers by state or detention facility
- Some companies offer free or discounted legal services through their Employer-Sponsored Legal Services via an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Ask for help from your Human Resources department.
PREPAID LEGAL INSURANCE PLANS
Prepaid Legal Insurance Plans – American Bar Association
NCLER Training Resource: Advancing Equity in Legal Services: Lessons Learned from the 2022 Cohort