Cremation Vs. Burial – Which is Right for You?
Consumer Guide to Funeral and Cemetery Purchases
Funeral Consumers Alliance “…to ensure consumers are fully prepared and protected when planning a funeral for themselves or their loved ones.”
A Guide to Planning Online Memorial Services During a Pandemic
Create a Free Online Memorial with Forever Missed (Basic Plan is Free of Charge)
DISPOSITION OF REMAINS: WHAT DO YOU WANT TO HAPPEN TO YOUR BODY
Alkaline Hydrolysis : Is it Available in Your State?
Cremation Association of North America states where alkaline hydrolysis is allowed and how one may find a service provider.
ORGAN & WHOLE BODY DONATION
Sign Up to be an Organ Donor
Anatomical Board of the State of Florida: U.S. Programs
Body Farms for Whole Body Donations for Forensic Anthropology Centers in the U.S.:
- Forensic Anthropology Center at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- Forensic Osteology Research Station at Western Carolina University
- Forensic Anthropology Research Facility at Texas State University
- Southeast Texas Applied Forensic Science Facility at Sam Houston State University
- Complex for Forensic Anthropology Research at Southern Illinois University, Carbondale
- Forensic Investigation Research Station at Colorado Mesa University
MILITARY BURIAL, FUNERAL & VETERAN BENEFITS
- Pre-Need Eligibility For Burial In A VA Cemetery | Veterans Affairs
- Request Your Military Service Records (including DD214) | Veterans Affairs (va.gov)
- Burial at Sea for Veterans and other Eligible Persons
- Navy Military Funerals
- Burial and Survival Benefits for Veterans
- VA Burial Benefits
- Federal Benefits for Veterans, Dependents, and Survivors
- VA Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (DIC) For Spouses, Dependents, And Parents | Veterans Affairs
Paying for Burial, Cremation, Funeral, etc.
Details on FEMA’s COVID-19 Funeral Expense Reimbursement Program
FEMA – Disaster Funeral Assistance
Getting State Assistance for Funeral or Burial
Social Assistance Funeral Programs
Cremation Aid Services, Inc. provides financial assistance to low-income families to assist with cremation costs.
A Guide to Making Advance Funeral and Cemetary Arrangements
DFS Memorials – Low-Cost Cremations by State
Your Complete Guide to Getting Help with Funeral Expenses
Indigent Burials and Cremations
Should you Prepay for Your Funeral?
Funeral Assistance for Infants
Compensation for Victims of Crime
State Crime Victims Compensation
National Victim Relief Programs
U.S. Resource Map of Office for Victims of Crime
National Association of Crime Victim Compensation Boards
The National Center for Victims of Crime
Death & Survivor’s Benefits
Workers’ Compensation Death Benefits (Nolo)
Federal Assistance for Survivor’s Benefits
Social Security Administration Survivor’s Benefits
Patching the Safety Net: Survivor’s Benefits for LGBTQ Older Adults (NCLER)
Social Security Lump-Sum Death Payment: $255 for eligible applicants
Benefits for Survivors of Federal Civilian Employees Who Die in the Line of Duty
Crowd Funding for Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Create a Memorial Fund | Ever Loved
- Fund the Funeral
- GoFundMe: #1 Fundraising Platform for Crowdfunding
Check to see how the crowdfunding will be reported to the IRS. Contributions may be looked at as gifts for tax purposes.
Frequently Asked Questions on Gift Taxes | Internal Revenue Service (irs.gov)