Funeral Consumers Alliance “…to ensure consumers are fully prepared and protected when planning a funeral for themselves or their loved ones.”
Create a Free Online Memorial with Forever Missed (Basic Plan is Free of Charge)
DISPOSITION OF REMAINS: WHAT DO YOU WANT TO HAPPEN TO YOUR BODY
Cremation Association of North America states where alkaline hydrolysis is allowed and how one may find a service provider.
ORGAN & WHOLE BODY DONATION
Body Farms for Whole Body Donations for Forensic Anthropology Centers in the U.S.:
- Forensic Anthropology Center at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- Forensic Osteology Research Station at Western Carolina University
- Forensic Anthropology Research Facility at Texas State University
- Southeast Texas Applied Forensic Science Facility at Sam Houston State University
- Complex for Forensic Anthropology Research at Southern Illinois University, Carbondale
- Forensic Investigation Research Station at Colorado Mesa University
MILITARY BURIAL, FUNERAL & VETERAN BENEFITS
- Pre-Need Eligibility For Burial In A VA Cemetery | Veterans Affairs
- Request Your Military Service Records (including DD214) | Veterans Affairs (va.gov)
- Burial at Sea for Veterans and other Eligible Persons
- Navy Military Funerals
- Burial and Survival Benefits for Veterans
- VA Burial Benefits
- Federal Benefits for Veterans, Dependents, and Survivors
- VA Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (DIC) For Spouses, Dependents, And Parents | Veterans Affairs
Paying for Burial, Cremation, Funeral, etc.
Cremation Aid Services, Inc. provides financial assistance to low-income families to assist with cremation costs.
Funeral Assistance for Infants
Compensation for Victims of Crime
Death & Survivor’s Benefits
Federal Assistance for Survivor’s Benefits
Social Security Lump-Sum Death Payment: $255 for eligible applicants
Crowd Funding for Funeral and Burial Expenses
- Create a Memorial Fund | Ever Loved
- Fund the Funeral
- GoFundMe: #1 Fundraising Platform for Crowdfunding
Check to see how the crowdfunding will be reported to the IRS. Contributions may be looked at as gifts for tax purposes.