Click here for information about Aging and Disability Advocates and Service Providers.
Disability Benefits 101 in Your State: AK, AZ, CA, CO, KY, MI, MN, NJ, MO, OH
Disability Resources in Your State by Olmstead Rights
How to Get On: How to Have a Great Disabled Life
Apply for Disability Benefits! The Benefits Eligibility Screening Tool (BEST) is an anonymous survey that screens for SSI and SSDI, Social Security Survivors, Special Veterans, and other benefits programs.
New Online Tool to Get Started Applying For SSI (NCLER)
Social Security Office Locator
The Social Security Administration’s Benefits Planning Query Handbook (BPQY) informs Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) beneficiaries and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) recipients about their disability benefits and the use of work incentives and provides customized information on SSA’s employment support programs to beneficiaries with disabilities who want to start or keep working.
Rehabilitation Services Administration
- Disability Employment Programs
- Advocacy Programs
- Independent Living Program
- Technical Assistance Centers
- Training Programs
- Demonstration Programs
- Underserved Populations
Who is Eligible for Vocational Rehabilitation Services?
Find State Vocational Rehabilitation Agencies
Financial Assistance for those with Disabilities
The Benefits Eligibility Screening Tool (BEST) was developed by the Social Security Administration.
- Click here for information about Temporary Disability Insurance
- Click here to determine what Social Security Benefits one may qualify for
- Click here to learn more about Worker’s Compensation Programs
- Click here to learn about Veteran’s Disability Benefits
- Cash Assistance Program for Immigrants (California)
- Click here to apply for CAPI and/or other California benefits
Understanding Social Security Disability Advocates by Nolo
Financial Assistance and Support Services for People with Disabilities by USA.gov
Find Government and Local Disability Programs and Services by USA.gov
Find Disability Services by USA.gov
Disability Organizations: National Center on Disability and Journalism
Paying For Assistive Technology
Find Your State Assistive Technology (AT) Program Directory to help you connect to the formula-funded Assistive Technology (AT) Act program in your state or territory.
Services: Independent Living Centers | Ability Tools – Assistive Technology for Californians with Disabilities in Living Independently
Paying for Wheelchairs and Scooters: Medicare’s Benefits and Financial Aid by Paying for Senior Care
Medicare’s Wheelchair and Scooter Benefit
Power Wheelchairs that Require Prior Authorization
Summary of the Air Carrier Access Act – WheelchairTravel.org
National Directory of Home Modification and Repair Resources (USC Leonard David School of Gerontology)
LEARN HOW TO SAVE MONEY WITHOUT DISQUALIFYING FOR MEDICAID OR SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS
New financial empowerment tools for people with disabilities
- Saving Money for People with Disabilities
- National Council on Disability
- NCLER TRAINING: Strategies for Developing Accessible Documents and Presentations: Webinar Recording & Tip Sheet