Low Income Survivors to Thrivers
NEED FOOD? Contact the USDA National Hunger Hotline by dialing 1-866-3-HUNGRY, 1-877-8-HAMBRE, or texting 914-342-7744.

Emergency Rental/Mortgage Assistance-COVID-19

NCLER Training: Advocating for Tenants in the Aftermath of COVID-19: Webinar Recording

Disaster Financial Assistance for Food, Housing & Bills is available on USA.gov, and includes stimulus checks, food stamps, and meal programs, rent assistance and eviction moratoriums, and mortgage relief related to COVID-19.

The National Low Income Housing Coalition has compiled a list of rental assistance resources and contacts by state and region.

The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau: Find Help with Rent and Utilities

The United States Interagency Council on Homelessness provides a Comprehensive Step by Step Guide for People at Risk of Eviction, educating those in need about how to get informed, reach out, apply for emergency aid, claim your pandemic relief, and helps landlords connect to resources to help their tenants in an effort to avoid evictions.

The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) provides COVID-19 Resources for Renters and answers common questions that are pertinent to renters.

How Federal Rental Assistance Works | Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (consumerfinance.gov)

VA Assistance to Help Avoid Eviction – VA Homeless Programs

Preventing Eviction During the Ongoing Covid-19 Crisis and Beyond (NCLER Webinar)

Legal Help FAQs on Eviction and Landlord-Tenant Problems (legalfaq.org)

The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau: Help for Home Owners and Renters During the Coronavirus National Emergency

HUD also provides COVID-19 Resources for Home Owners.

HUD Contact Your Lender to Avoid Foreclosure | HUD.gov / U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)

Avoiding Foreclosure: When a Lender Won’t Work with You | HUD.gov / U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)

Homeowner Assistance Fund | U.S. Department of the Treasury

Coronavirus Assistance Information | Federal Housing Finance Agency (fhfa.gov)

Learn about forbearance | Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (consumerfinance.gov)

Find your closest rental assistance office by contacting 211.org or RentAssistance.us

Please click to share!

Scroll to Top
Skip to content