Weatherization Assistance Programs (WAP) for Low-Income Persons
How to Apply for Weatherization Assistance (WAP)
Program details, including eligibility, how to apply, and who to contact:
- Weatherization Assistance Program for Low-Income Persons | Benefits.gov
- California Weatherization Assistance Program | Benefits.gov
Where to Access Weatherization Assistance Program Resources – U.S. Map
How to Find Your Weatherization Assistance Program Agency
Community Action Agency Programs
A focus tends to be on addressing the following needs. Community action agencies may help with the following, which may include financial assistance.
- Provide funds for preventing evictions or homelessness.
- Address hunger by providing information on USDA food programs.
- Home repair programs, including low-interest loans.
- LIHEAP as well as free weatherization programs may be found through community action agencies.
- Help for those that are most at-risk, such as children and senior citizens.
- Some locations may offer funding from government grants for those expenses.
- Other non-profit community action agencies may be able to offer qualified applicants access to other forms of cash assistance.
Locate Your Community Action Agency
Heating and Air Conditioning
Heating Repair Replacement Program
Homeowners may receive financial assistance for the maintenance of the existing heating system or the purchase of a new one. The program prioritizes certain populations and may pay only a portion of the financial assistance.
How to Apply:
Contact 211 for the local Community Action Agency contact information (also listed below):
Find A CAP | National CAP (communityactionpartnership.com)